Another edition of the Avocado Breakfast. This wonderful ingredient can be used with so many others, the combinations are endless.
- Put some chunks of perfectly ripe avocado on crunchy toast. I haven’t buttered the toast as the avocado serves the purpose.
- Mash up the chunks roughly with a fork and spread them about a bit so that they cover the toast.
- Top with a poached egg and then a sprinkle of salt and a few dashes of sriracha. A runny poached egg is perfect as the yolk can run and mingle with the avocado.
- Serve immediately.
Continuing the theme of avocado breakfasts, here is another gem that resulted from an impromptu raid through the fridge for leftovers and things that needed fnishing up.
- Take one slice of toast. I had used a multiseeded brown bread. It needs to be crunchy to add that exta bit of texture in contrast to the softness of the avocado and mozzarella.
- Slather it with some philadelphia cream cheese and red pepper hummus
- Layer on some mixed italian salami
- Top with chunks of fresh avocado and mozzarella
- Drizzle with a little flavoured olive oil. I used some that was left over from a jar of homemade thyme, rosemary and garlic flavoured sundried tomatoes. You could also alternatively dot it with sriracha sauce for an extra kick